Effective and clear communication in job search is a factor that recruiters value. Often well-written cover letter or “elevator speech” makes the difference. Many people fail in these even though they are competent for the job. Why?
Two most common mistakes are:
– I am good with people, but can also work independently.
– I am analytic and good with numbers.
– I have a strong drive and can get things done.
– “I am good, strong, sensitive, creative, versatile, agile.” ” So WHAT?”
– They use more verbs of action.
– They tell more about results and achievements.
– They tell concrete stories and examples.
– They use numbers and measures.
Take care that your message is clear and stands out in a positive way. This is not about writing novel or detective story. Your goal is to Communicate to express, not impress.
Senior Consultant at Mazhr
First in changing jobs, you should think about "What kind of people do I want to work with?"
Are you looking for a new job? Or a path to your new career? If yes, read this article.